Hi. How are you doing? Thanks for stopping by. Please allow me to share with you some security tips about Twitter 🙂
Twitter, is no doubt one of the most outstanding means of communication, socialising and micro blogging these days. Sadly, like every good thing, it has its down sides. One of them is when your Twitter account is compromised. This simply means that someone has had an unauthorised access to your account.
If your account has not been compromised, then, please CLICK HERE to zoom to How to protect your Twitter account from unauthorised sign in.
How do you know when your Twitter account has been compromised? Your account can be compromised in two major ways :
1. You can log in into your account or
2. You cannot log in….how sad!
In either case, any or some of the following will be noticed:
1. You could see an email from Twitter, giving you a password reset link which you did not ask for
2. You will see or receive notifications of some activities like tweets, retweets, direct messages, followings, unfollowings or other things you used to do on your account being supposedly done by you
3. You will receive an email from Twitter in respect of some changes supposedly made by you
4. Other activities which you did not initiate on your account.
Where it is obvious that your account has been compromised, then you can do the following:
1. If you are able to log in, change the password (use a strong one, certainly not one of those you are using somewhere else) or request a password reset from your log in page
2. Boost the security of your email account. If you are using Yahoo, please CLICK HERE to zoom to my post on to How to protect your Yahoo account from unauthorised sign in.
3. From your account, visit Security => Apps (if you can log in) and revoke any suspicious app connected to your account.
4. Use anti virus and malware scanners to scan your computer or mobile device.
5. Clean up the mess from your twitter account
6. Be careful with links. Some are actually traps.
7. Make sure you log in @ https://twitter.com
8. If you are finding it hard to resolve the problem, then report to Twitter by visiting their Help Center (CLICK HERE)
9. Always be security-conscious when you are online.
I will be glad to be connected to you on Twitter. Please follow Infoplaze. Happy tweeting 🙂