Imagine a big screen experience of WhatsApp. Well stop imagining because Facebook’s WhatsApp can now be connected directly to your computer 🙂 That’s really cool isn’t it? 🙂
This was contained in last week’s blogpost on the WhatsApp’ site, which my continuous search for valuable info and tips led me to.
With this good news, you will now be able to use WhatsApp on your web browser. WhatsApp’s web client is actually an extension of your mobile device. All of your messages still be live on your phone, as the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device.
What you need to do?
1. You must have the latest version of WhatsApp on your device. So update your WhatsApp
2. Using a Google Chrome browser, view the QR code by opening https://web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
3. Your phone needs to be connected to the internet for WhatsApp’s web client to work. If it is, to find the QR code, open your WhatsApp Web as follows:
* Android devices, Nokia N60, Windows phone – Open WhatsApp => menu => WhatsApp Web
* Blacberry – Open WhatsApp => Chats => Menu key => WhatsApp Web
* Blackberry 10 – Open WhatsApp => Swipe down from top of the screen => WhatsApp Web
After clicking on WhatsApp Web, scan the QR code inside your WhatsApp. If your internet connection is good, you are good to go as your conversations should appear on your web browser now.
Don’t forget to log out from the web after chatting, as anyone who has access to your computer can view your conversations.
Sadly, this service is not available for iOS users due to “Apple platform limitations,” according to WhatsApp. Awwww 🙂
I will really appreciate it if you could come back and share your experience. These views will definitely help Facebook in giving us a better WhatsApp experience. What do you think? 🙂
Thanks for your time.