Rather than buy or borrow airtime, you might prefer to top-up your airtime using your bank account. This can now be possible via the MTN Auto Top-Up. This you can do by making a one-off demand for the top-up or setting up specific dates that the top will be made.
How do you set up the instant auto top-up?
1. Log-in to your bank’s internet banking portal or select your bank from the list of banks displayed.
2. Select NIBSS e-Bills pay in the Bill Payment section.
3. Provide the mobile number, airtime amount you want topped-up and other details required
4. Submit your request and in a few minutes, the value of the airtime you want is topped-up instantly into the mobile number you provided
5. You will receive an SMS alert confirming the transaction has been successful
What if you want the auto top-ups to be done on specific dates?
You can achieve this in two ways:
1. Via MTN Online –
You have to download the debit mandate form by clicking here . Then submit the form at your bank branch for the mandate set-up.
2. Via internet banking on your bank account
i. Log-in to your bank’s internet banking portal, select NIBSS e-Bills pay in the Bill Payment section
ii. Then select CMMS from the list of menu displayed on the NIBSS e-Bills pay section.
iii. Provide all relevant information including your top-up amount, frequency of top-up and submit.
iv. You will receive pre-notification alerts three days before your airtime is auto topped-up and instant notification on every successful airtime top-up.
Is the service available in all banks?
NO. As at the time of doing this post the service is only available in the following banks:
i. Diamond Bank
ii. Union Bank
iv. Sterling Bank
vii. Zenith Bank
viii. Skye Bank
ix. Stanbic IBTC
x. Wema Bank
xi. Keystone Bank
What is the maximum amount I can top-up my line?
Any amount you want depending on your bank account balance.
For business people, CEOs and other people who use a lot of airtime and (or) are very mobile, this service would certainly come handy.
Thanks for your time 🙂