I have already shared how to protect your Yahoo and LinkedIn account from unauthorised entry. In this post I will be sharing with you how to protect your Twitter account from unauthorised sign in. With this layer of security, just as it is for Yahoo and LinkedIn, signing in into your Twitter account will now require your username, password and a verification code that will be sent to your phone.
Simply follow the steps below to add this layer of security to your Twitter account:
1. Sign in to your Twitter account as you have been doing.
2. Click on the wheel-like icon on the top right of your screen
3. Click on Settings
4. Click on Security and Privacy
5. Under the tab Send log in verification requests to my phone, you will see a statement that says: You need to add a phone to your Twitter account to enable this feature on the web.
6. Click on add a phone
7. Register your phone number by clicking the required link
8. When taken to the page, enter your Phone number
9. Enter your mobile carrier (Note: Not all mobile carriers are supported)
10. Text GO to the required number (SMS charges applies)
11. You will get a message that your phone has been activated
12. Go back to security settings (click Security and Privacy) and click Send login verification requests to………….(your phone number should appear now)
13. You will be sent a test SMS telling you that Twitter can send verification codes to your device
14. Enter your twitter password to verify changes to your settings
YOU ARE DONE !
To test your new setting log out and attempt signing in again.
To disable SMS text message login verification:
1. Go to your Security and privacy settings and select Don’t verify login requests.
2. Click Save changes (Note:you’ll have to enter your password to do this).
Help your followers protect their account by sharing this.