In my last post, I shared How To Protect Your LinkedIn Account From Unauthorised Sign In. I hope you have added this layer to your LinkedIn sign in if you have an account?
In this post, I will be sharing with you, how to set up a similar layer of security for your Yahoo account. It is called the Second sign-in verification. It adds an extra level of protection to your Yahoo account. With this set up, your Yahoo sign in goes beyond just your email address and password. In addition to these, security questions or your mobile phone number would also be needed for verification and sign in. This is dependent on your settings.
Please follow the simple steps below to set up your Yahoo’s Second sign-in verification:
1. Sign in to your Yahoo account and go to Yahoo mail.
2. Place (not click) your cursor on the wheel-like icon on the top right of your email front screen.
3. Move down and click on Account Info. It is the last tab on the drop down.
4. Under Sign-In and Security, click on Set up your Second sign-in verification (its the last tab)
5. On the set up page that you would be taken to, carefully read and fill in the set up data.
The next time you or anyone attempts signing in from an unknown browser to Yahoo, your sign in verification will be required. You can test the set up by trying to sign in with an unrecognised browser.
To turn off the set up
If for any reason you want to turn off the set up (say, you lose your phone), simply go to the set up page in (5) above and click on Turn off Second sign-in verification.
I hope this post was useful. If it did, please share with your pals and help them prevent a LOCK OUT !.
Thanks for your time 🙂